Gregson Green’s Scarecrow Trail returns for 2019
Once upon a time in Gregson Lane magical scarecrows were created for all to enjoy… Be part of the fairy tale, create a scarecrow for this year’s event!
This year’s theme is Fairy Tales and Children’s fictional characters.
We love the scarecrow trail and we know people see this event as a big part of the community – if you’re thinking about entering and being part of the trail please get involved.
Entry costs £5 and is payable online via Paypal, cash/cheque in person or bank transfer.
- Entry forms to be in by Monday 10th June
- Scarecrows to be displayed by 16th June
- Trail maps on sale – 21st June – 7th July
- People’s choice vote deadline – 10th July
- Winners will be announced at Gala Day, 25th August
ENTER NOW – COMPLETE THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM BELOW
(Or collect a printed entry from from 338 Gregson Lane and post back when complete).
If posting back your form there may be a short delay to allow time to process your entry but we will get back to you.
If you have any issues completing the form, or any questions please get in touch using the Contact Form or send us a message on Facebook or Twitter.
Please see the official rules at the bottom of this page.
Rules of entry
- The theme this year is Fairytales and fictional children’s characters
- Your scarecrow design must be appropriate for a family audience
- You must have scarecrow in place from midnight 16th June until 7th July
- Only scarecrows registered, paid entry fee and displayed by the specified dates will be judged
- All scarecrow entrants should do their best to maintain their scarecrow in good condition
- The organisers take no responsibility for any damage to property or scarecrows
- Commercial premises may wish to display their scarecrow outside during the hours they are open or visible in the window
- The organisers will provide you with a number that must be displayed on your scarecrow
- The organisers will take photographs of all the registered scarecrows from 17th June – 20th June. These photographs will form part of the judging process
- Registration of a scarecrow permits the trail organisers to use these photographs for publicity purposes and on social media
- There will be four prizes awarded: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place and the People’s Choice award. All prizes are accompanied by a certificate and decided by a panel of independent judges with no connection to the village. The judge’s decision will be final and there can be no dispute. The prize winners will be announced at Gala day on Saturday 25th August 2019
- The People’s Choice vote deadline is 10th July 2019
- Entry is open to any household in Hoghton and Coupe Green and any organisations or businesses in the village
- All scarecrows must be built from scratch by the entrant
- Your scarecrow made of natural materials, e.g. straw
- Your scarecrow must not include pre-moulded or commercially available face masks
- Scarecrows must be positioned so as unnecessary for anyone to access your property and secured in a manner where they will not blow away or cause danger or injury to anyone
- Gregson Green will not be held responsible for 3rd party damage cause by creation or insecurity of scarecrows
- Owners are held solely responsible for safety and security
- Rules are subject to change without notice
- By entering the competition you confirm your acceptance of the above mentioned rules